The following describes VOCALMEET’s policy regarding information, including the collection of personal information that we collect through this website.
2) Collection of Data: Automatic Information. We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses a VOCALMEET website.
3) What are Cookies? Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
4) Collection of Personal Information. We will ask you for personal information when you sign up for any specific benefit or purpose that require registration. Personal information that we collect may vary with the each registration, and it may include one or more of the following categories: name, physical address, an email address, phone number, and credit card information including credit card number, expiration date, and billing address.
5) Onward Transfer of Personal Information outside your country of residence. Any personal information which we may collect on this site will be stored and processed in our servers located only in Canada or the United States. By using this site, if you reside outside Canada or the United States, you consent to the transfer of personal information outside your country of residence to Canada or the United States.
6) Use and Sharing of Anonymous, Passive Information. This site may make full use of passively collected anonymous and NOT personal information, including without limitation the right to use such information to provide better service to site visitors, customize the site based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve this site for your use. We reserve the right to share this anonymous, passive information in aggregated form.
7) We Strive to Protect Your Personal Information. All employees and associates who are granted access to your personal information understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. They know they are to use the information only for the purposes intended. We do not sell information to third parties. We follow reasonable and appropriate industry standards to protect your personal information and data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or method of data storage can be guaranteed 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information by following generally accepted industry standards, we cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to us or archive at this site.
8) Third Party Websites. This web site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
9) 3rd Party Cookies for Web Analytics. We reserve the right to use web analytics services provided by 3rd parties. These services use 3rd party cookies (cookies passed by others, not by us) to collect anonymous, passive information about your use of this site (see explanation of cookies in Collection of Anonymous, Passive Information above). We may use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of this site, compiling reports on website activity, and providing other services. These web analytics services may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on the service’s behalf.
10) Your Privacy Choices. You may withdraw your consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual obligations and on providing us reasonable notice) by communicating to us in writing. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with requested services. Please contact us in writing to withdraw your consent.
11) Email from this Site; Opt-Out Rights. If you supply us with your e-mail address you may receive periodic messages from us with information specific to the site and required for the normal functioning of the site. If you prefer not to receive periodic email messages, you may opt-out by following the instructions on the email.
12) Acquisition; Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or if we sell this website business or a line of business from this website, we reserve the right to transfer such information as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we reserve the right to transfer such information to protect our rights or as required by law.
13) Children’s Online Policy. We are committed to preserving online privacy for all of its website visitors, including children. This site is a general audience site. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly collect any information from, or sell to, children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her personally identifiable information without your permission or consent, we will remove the information from our active list, at your request. To request the removal of your child’s information, please contact our site as provided below under “Contact Us”, and be sure to include in your message the same login information that your child submitted.
15) Effective date. The effective date of this policy is May 2, 2016.