The following describes VOCALMEET’s policy regarding information, including the collection of personal information that we collect through this website.
2) Collection of Data. Automatic Information.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses a VOCALMEET website.
3) What are Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your to your computer, tablet or smartphone through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
“Cookies” are used to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current website activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services. We also use “cookies” to help us compile aggregate data about website traffic and website interaction so that we can offer better website experiences and tools in the future.
“Cookies” cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. With the information contained in cookies, we can simplify navigation and facilitate the correct display of our website.
What are the different types of “cookies”?
A “cookie” can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a “cookie” is either a:
- session “cookie” which is erased when the user closes the browser; or
- persistent “cookie” which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time and enables our website to recognize you the next time you visit the website. However, you have the capability to prevent “cookies” from being saved on your own computer by altering the appropriate settings on your browser program.
As for the domain to which a cookie belongs, they are either:
- first-party “cookies” which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain; or
- third-party “cookies” stored by a different domain to the visited page’s domain. This can happen when the webpage references a file located outside its domain.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
For step-by-step instructions on how to control and delete cookies in most browsers please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
4) Collection of Personal Information.
We will ask you for personal information when you sign up for any specific benefit or purpose that require registration. Personal information that we collect may vary with the each registration, and it may include one or more of the following categories: name, physical address, an email address, phone number, and credit card information including credit card number, expiration date, and billing address. Except billing address, credit card information is not stored on Vocalmeet systems.
5) Onward Transfer of Personal Information outside your country of residence.
Any personal information which we may collect on this site will be stored and processed in our servers located only in Canada or the United States. By using this site, if you reside outside Canada or the United States, you consent to the transfer of personal information outside your country of residence to Canada or the United States.
6) We Strive to Protect Your Personal Information.
All employees and associates who are granted access to your personal information understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. They know they are to use the information only for the purposes intended. We do not sell information to third parties. We follow reasonable and appropriate industry standards to protect your personal information and data. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or method of data storage can be guaranteed 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information by following generally accepted industry standards, we cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to us or archive at this site.
7) Use and Sharing of Anonymous, Passive Information.
This site may make use of anonymous, passively collected anonymous and NOT personal information, including without limitation the right to use such information to provide better service to site visitors, customize the site based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve this site for your use. We reserve the right to share this anonymous, passive information in aggregated form.
8) Third Party Websites.
This web site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
9) 3rd Party Cookies for Web Analytics.
We reserve the right to use web analytics services provided by 3rd parties. These services use 3rd party cookies (cookies passed by others, not by us) to collect passive, depersonalized information about your use of this site (see explanation of cookies above). We may use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of this site, compiling reports on website activity, and providing other services. These web analytics services may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on the service’s behalf.
Specifically, VOCALMEET may use Web analytics services such as Google Analytics. These service providers use a variety of tracking technologies such as cookies for statistical analysis. To opt out of Google Analytics, please click here. These opt outs are cookie-based, therefore, you may need to opt out again if you get a new device or if you erase your browsers cookie file.
VOCALMEET may uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service supplied by Google Inc. (“Google”). In turn, Google Analytics uses “cookies” in order to analyze your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is normally transferred to a Google server in the USA, where it is saved. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google uses this information to analyze your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities, and to provide other services for the website operator related to the use of the website and internet usage. The IP address identified from your browser by Google Analytics will not be merged with other data collected by Google.
You can find further information about the conditions of use and data protection under https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
We may also use Google Analytics to analyze data from AdWords and the DoubleClick cookie for statistical purposes. You can disable this function via the Ads Preferences Manager (http://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/?hl=en).
How to Opt Out:
To opt out of Google Analytics, please use this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
These opt outs are cookie-based, therefore, you may need to opt out again if you get a new device or if you erase your browsers cookie file.
10) Do Not Track.
We strive to not track visitors, plant third party cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
To find out more about “Do Not Track,” or how to configure your browser for “Do Not Track” you may wish to visit allaboutdnt.com.
However, to ensure you are opted out of potential tracking activities on Vocalmeet’s websites, please follow the instructions provided in section 9.
11) Updating/Deleting your Personal Data.
Should you have provided personal data, you have the opportunity at any time to verify, amend or delete this data by sending an e-mail to our privacy officer as listed below. You also have the right to revoke previously granted consent for future interactions at any time.
Your saved personal data is deleted if you revoke your consent to save such data or if the knowledge of this data is no longer required to fulfill the purpose pursued with the saving of this data. It is deleted upon expiry of the statutory deadlines at the latest.
12) Your Privacy Choices; Provided Services.
You may withdraw your consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual obligations and on providing us reasonable notice) by communicating to us in writing. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with requested services.
13) Email from this Site; Opt-Out Rights.
If you supply us with your e-mail address you may receive periodic messages from us with information only specific to the site and required for the normal functioning of the site. If you prefer not to receive email messages, you may opt-out by following the instructions on the email. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with requested services.
14) Acquisition; Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or if we sell this website business or a line of business from this website, we reserve the right to transfer such information as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we reserve the right to transfer such information to protect our rights or as required by law.
15) Children’s Online Policy. We are committed to preserving online privacy for all of its website visitors, including children. This site is a general audience site. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly collect any information from, or sell to, children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her personally identifiable information without your permission or consent, we will remove the information from our active list, at your request. To request the removal of your child’s information, please contact our site as provided below under “Contact Us”, and be sure to include in your message the same login information that your child submitted.
16) Contacting VOCALMEET. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, please contact us at:
17) Effective date. The effective date of this policy is May 2, 2016. Last updated June 4, 2023.