DevOps Engineer (Contractor/Remote)
Vocalmeet is a dynamic company with great traction and technology in a growing sector. Our platforms are helping organizations to fully automate their business workflows. They cover areas like user management, e-commerce, learning and event management, live-streaming, broadcasting and much more.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with at least 4 years of experience in DevOps work in AWS, Containerized Workloads, GitOps, and Linux Systems administration.
As part of our smart team, you will create technical solutions to business problems and opportunities. We are looking for someone who is able to bring creativity to projects with a “can do will do attitude”, critical thinking skills, analytical mind, solution orientation, and, excellent interpersonal skills to be part of our Software Development team
At Vocalmeet you will be working on the DevOps team to help set up and maintain our cloud infrastructures, support the DevOps automation goals and roadmaps, assist the various developer teams within the organization, and provide thought leadership on infrastructural and architectural discussions
Participate in the design and development of dynamic, interactive cloud-based systems that are scalable in both performance and maintainability
- Manage and administer EKS cluster and related QA infrastructure
- Manage and optimize CI/CD pipelines to reduce build time
- Infrastructure Monitoring – responding to system alerts and resolving them
- Server Setup Configuration and Administration using AWS Cloudformation, Ansible, Terraform, Chef
- MySQL Setup and Administration
- Knowledge about Percona or or Galera cluster management is a plus
- Systems Security Audit and Systems Capacity Planning
- Attend and participate in Cybersecurity Training
What we are looking for:
- minimum of 4+ years of experience in this field
- Proficiency in containerization and running/managing containerized workloads on Kubernetes (EKS)
- Deep knowledge in AWS services such as EC2, RDS, IAM, Opensearch
- Curious and deep interest in fast and reliable developer/QA experience in the organization
- Proficiency with Terraform, AWS Cloudformation and Ansible
- Proficiency with Amazon Code Deploy, Gitlab, Jenkins, Github Actions, and various CI/CD platforms
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Systems Linux Administration
- Experience managing modern firewalls like AWS Security Groups, WAF, Intrusion Detection
- Expert level experience (2-3 years) with MySQL including replication, monitoring, and database server tuning
- Excellent with all things related to databases including replication, monitoring, and database server tuning (i.e. MySQL, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis,)
- Minimum of 4 years Experience with writing Bash scripts, Python, Ruby, NodeJS as well as using any language to automate server related tasks
WHY JOIN VOCALMEET?
- 100% remote work
- Committed to flexible work arrangements
- Regular online events
- Career learning and development programs
- Access to an environment of highly skilled engineers
- Opportunities to discuss sponsored immigration to Canada (optional)
- Please apply with a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations.
- We thank all applicants for their interest.
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.